Covid Safe Plan
While we have always maintained excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have introduced a number of additional measures to reduce the risk of infection and keep our communities safe. These are the NSW Government Health guidelines which include:
- All staff have completed a Covid-19 Awareness of Food Safety course (online)
- A Covid-19 Food Safety plan has been created – see below
- Additional Hygiene and sanitation measures in our kitchen, catering events & while making deliveries.
- Increased food safety measures and sanitation of our kitchen before preparation begins.
- Minimising person to person contacts within our service environment.
- Clear communication outlining the steps to take should an employee present as unwell, a mandatory 14-day self-isolation and quarantine will apply to all employees that have come into direct contact with the Coronavirus or anyone displaying symptoms.
In addition to this, we are ensuring that any staff that shows any signs of illness or have travelled overseas are quarantined at home.
Our processes will evolve where necessary as we continue to comply with advice from the government and other relevant agencies with regards to COVID-19.
Covid-19 Staff, Client & Guests Requirements The following measures have been actioned to ensure clients, guests and staff are kept safe under the current Covid-19 pandemic & are available on our web site & social media pages..
All staff have signed & will action the following agreed to measures:
- ensure that all Kitchen benches are washed and sanitised before preparation
- will wash their hands prior to starting food preparation in kitchen or at events
- may wear a mask to reduce the risk of infection to themselves & others (staff choice)
- will wear food grade gloves provided when preparing food and serving to guests
- will use hand sanitiser periodically or every 15 minutes
- will greet clients with the usual courteous respect however will not shake hands
- will not initiate contact with clients, guests & other staff members while on site
- will ensure food platters are served to guests and not left on tables
- will notify management if they have recently returned from overseas
- will notify management if they are feeling unwell in any way
- will notify management if they have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or demonstrated flu or coronavirus symptoms
- will self-isolate for 14 days if they are unwell or demonstrate symptoms
- will not attend events if they have not agreed to or comply with the above
Clients and Guests will also need to ensure the following measures are adhered to:
- take advice from Catering By Design staff in relation to hygiene & food safety measures
- will not enter the kitchen area while Catering By Design staff are on-site facilitating events
- adhere to social distancing as at the current date outlined by the relevant authorities
- ensure hands are washed and sanitised regularly
- don’t shake hands or touch your face
- don’t handle food serving trays and allow catering staff only to serve
Please feel free to talk to our staff or contact me at any time if you have any questions
Catering by Design and Heavenly Catering